West Valley Christian School
Senior High School
REQUIREMENTS FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
West Valley – Carnegie High School, in partnership with Carnegie Education, is a college preparatory school. The high school is located in West Hills, California. International students seeking admission must meet the criteria listed below.
Admissions Criteria for International Students
- Demonstrate proficiency in speaking, writing and understanding English by achieving a score of 60 or better on the SLEP test. If the SLEP score is less than 60 a phone interview with the Coordinator is required.
- Demonstrate an exemplary academic grade point average (transcripts translated into English).
- Complete and submit an Application for Admission (with all required health/immunization records) and the required registration/application fees.
- Demonstrate exemplary character.
- Submit personal references (Faculty and Administration).
- Be open to our Mission and Belief Statements.
- Reside with an English speaking parent or guardian. (Note: Our school can help to provide housing for International students).
- We may admit International students to the Senior class after a full evaluation.
The final step in the application process is a personal or phone interview with our Principal, Kimberly Hardy. If the student is accepted, all fees and tuition must be paid prior to arranging for, or issuance of, the I20.
Thank you, The Carnegie Team